Strengthen ND rural Internships
NOT YOUR TYPICAL INTERNSHIP...
Connecting college students with professional opportunities in rural communities teaching them about not only a career, but a lifestyle.
- Assists in facilitating funding to pay intern, insurance, etc.
- Assist employers in developing job descriptions, goals, objectives, and duties
- Advertise and collect applicants
- Develop and co-present intern orientation
- Conduct reflections, assessments, and evaluation of internship
- Hire intern as temporary employee of company/organization
- Provide job-related training
- Provide feedback to Strengthen ND staff to strengthen/enhance future internship experiences.
- Evidence based research driving the design of the program
- Offering engaging and meaningful internships
- Introducing the younger generation to rural communities furthering rural stability
If you are interested in a guided well thought out internship, see if any of the below options are of interest to you. If you don’t see something that fits your goals, check back at a later date.
We do not have any openings at this time.
Internships that Strengthen ND has filled thanks to partnerships with rural businesses are below!
CARRINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Marketing & Media Internship
Paid 8 week (40/week) summer internship
Housing provided in Carrington, ND
Working with Carrington Chamber and Economic Development Corp.
Internship can take place between May 15 and August 15
Duties may include:
Assist in planning and coordination of special events
Develop social media marketing content
Assist with development of marketing (including app, website, and other marketing materials).